DEVELOPMENT AND INTRODUCTION OF MULTILINGUAL TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS AT UNIVERSITIES OF GEORGIA AND UKRAINE (DIMTEGU). Project No. 530360-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-GE-TEMPUS-JPCR. Agreement No. 2012-3652/001-001
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The overall objective of the project is to support the multilingual education reform in Georgia and Ukraine.
Project duration: 15-10-2012 – 14-10-2015
Head of the project in Vilnius University prof. Vilija Targamadzė
Phone: +370 5 266 76 25
PARTNERSIvane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, GEJohann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, DEVilnius University, LTUniversity of Latvia, LVPädagogische Hochschule Freiburg, DEIlia State University, GECenter for Civil Integration and Inter-Ethnic relation, GEAkhalkalaki Higher Educational Institution College,GECrimean University for the Humanities, UAIvan Franko national University of Lviv, Ukraine, UAOles Honchar Dnipropetrovsk National University, UAAkhaltsikhe State Educational University, GE
PARTICIPATION OF VILNIUS UNIVERSITY
Vilnius University will participate in the following activities:
- Development of first module of trainings and organization of trainings for faculty members of partner Higher Education Institutions (HEI);
- Development of frame-curriculum, syllabi and teaching materials for Master programs;
- Hosting the faculty staff of partner HEIs and introduction free of charge e-resources in teaching process. The main focus will be done on using Moodle Platform in designing and management of courses;
- Consultation of partner HEIs faculty staff during the development, piloting and implementation of the programs;
- Presentations on project results as well as will present papers on multilingual and international education;
- Participation in development of each volume of journal “Bilingual education”, particularly: (a) Defining the topics for the specific volume; (b) Peer review process;
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of teaching process at the end of each semester and consult targeted HEIs for improvement.