Key responsibilities – lead and coordinate trauma preventive initiatives and programs:
- coordinate psychological support of foster parents and SOS families;
- meet the psychological health and developmental needs of children in care;
- identify and outsource complimentary therapies based on individual needs;
- assess the work of external specialists (psychologist, speech therapist, social pedagogues);
- positively handle and prevent crises;
- mitigate the impact of crises that cannot be prevented;
- prevent specific scenarios like bullying, suicide and violence.
Candidate profile and requirements:
- university degree in Psychology, Psychotherapy or Counseling;
- sound professional experience working with groups and/or individual consulting;
- fluent Lithuanian and English;
- pro-active and problem solving approach;
- strong organizational skills;
- analytical, critical and creative thinking;
- ability to work in a team and lead the team;
- strong communication, interpersonal skills.
We offer: opportunities to implement meaningful projects, challenging and supportive working environment, and possibility to grow professionally.
To apply, please send your CV and motivational letter indicating the position till June 17th 2016, by e-mail
Only successful candidates will be notified.
SOS Children’s Villages Lithuania is an international organization focused on supporting children at risk of losing or without parental care. We work with families at social risk, provide family based care and support youth towards independent living. We give priority to Child Safeguarding therefore we implement relevant policies. More information on www.sos-vaikukaimai.lt.