SUCCESS aims to apply the principles, methods and techniques of Positive Psychology (PP) as well as the development of basic Employability Skills (ES). By educating schools counselors (SUCCESS target group) through training in participating EU countries, they will be in a position to transfer new knowledge and skills to school settings at a national and an EU level.
The goal of SUCCESS is to create an innovative training package for School Counselors (including a manual, accompanied by hands-on activities, tools and practical exercises) based on PP principles that will be applied successfully mainly to support students after they graduate from high schools. SUCCESS aims to enhance School Counselors competencies.
About the project
The goal of the SUCCESS Project is to create a training package for post-primary School Counsellors that will help support students who are transitioning from school to employment. The training will combine the principles, methods, and techniques of Positive Psychology with practical Employability Skills, and enhance students’ well-being, resilience, and optimism, giving them practical strategies for success as they take their first steps into the jobs market.
Formal educational approaches tend to focus on academic achievement, but can neglect other aspects of students’ development such as social and emotional competencies, and other character strengths, social skills, resilience, communication skills, team-work, critical thinking, self-awareness and self motivation, are often overlooked in an academic environment. To address these gaps, the SUCCESS Project will deliver effective Employability Skills, and strategies from Positive Psychology, to enhance students’ wellbeing and improve their employment opportunities.
The training course developed as part of the SUCCESS Project will incorporate active approaches to learning, such as - cooperative learning, case studies, role playing, problem solving activities, and mind-mapping. A strengths-based approach will also be taken, as it helps students identify their abilities, rather than their shortcomings. This technique uses narratives, and solution- focused strategies that help people pursue goals, solve problems, and achieve their objectives.
The model of “experiential learning” will also be used in counsellors’ training sessions, enabling school counsellors to actively participate and learn by doing, observing, thinking and planning. School counsellors will become the ambassadors of this innovative approach to fostering positivity and enhancing employability skills in students.
• To develop, test and publish an innovative training program for school counsellors on Positive Psychology and Employability skills.
• To create an educational tool that will be provided to school counsellors to further enhance the quality and professionalism of their efforts to help students to acquire skills that will support them on their journey to employment.
• To enrich school counsellors’ personal and professional development so as to be able to better support their students.
• To create and publish the educational tools and strategies in a widely available online format.
It is our pleasure to introduce to you the 1st Newsletter of SUCCESS project.
September 2017 – September 2019
• Comparative Literature Review in all partner countries summarizing the most important sources, practices and researches of the needs of School Counsellors
• SUCCESS Training Package
• SUCCESS Online Educational Platform
The project is funded under the Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership initiative.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Programme. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.